Respecting your privacy
At CIT UB (ABN 60 145 119 688) we respect your privacy information and take care to ensure your personal details are kept confidential. We take privacy laws seriously and have a strict company policy to ensure your personal information is kept safe. By personal information we mean information that identifies you as an individual or through which you can be easily identified.
- The type of personal information we collect, store, use and disclose
- How we collect and hold it
- The reason we collect, store, use and disclose it
- Your right to access and update/amend your details
- Where you can reach us to talk about your personal information
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The types of personal information we collect and store are:
- Contact details (email address, contact number, residential address & delivery address)
- Date of birth
- Details/history of purchases, preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity on our digital platform.
Due to the nature of our business, we will not be able to provide you with our products and services without accessing your Personal Information. For example, we may not be able to deliver the goods you’ve ordered from our site if we are not aware of your delivery address or we may not be able to help you refund an item you’ve purchased from us if you’ve lost the proof of purchase and we do not keep a history of your transaction.
How we collect and use your Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information in relation to your interactions and transactions with us and Coles group companies, which will include when you: We may collect your Personal Information when you place an order with us, use any of our services or interact with us. This will include when you:
- Make a purchase on our site or in-store
- Process a transaction including making a non-cash payment or indulging in any of the services we offer
- Sign up for any of our promotional campaigns or loyalty programs
- Be part of any of our special offers, competitions, or survey
- Require customer service or contact us
- Submit feedback to us on any of our digital platforms, in person, over the phone, or in writing
- Use our website, social media, and other digital services.
We may supervise, monitor, or record your communications with us when you speak to us in person, over the phone, or in writing. This is for security, dispute resolution, and customer service training purposes.
We may also collect Personal Information you’ve provided us through a third-party service such as Facebook, Instagram, and other digital platforms.
We may store Personal Information in both electronic and hard copy format with our own premised and with the assistance of third-party service providers. We have implemented strict policies on our people, process, and technological controls to ensure your Personal Information is kept secure. We also take measures to destroy or de-identify Personal Information that is no longer needed for lawful purposes.
Our security processes are constantly reviewed and updated to ensure that we’re keeping your Personal Information as secure as possible.